Temporary disability pension
You can establish an insurance against temporary disability pension if you were admitted to DIP after 1 January 2011, or you have changed your pension scheme recently and have become subject to Regulations 4 (on Min pension you can see which Regulations you are subject to). Besides the fact that you must be subject to Regulations 4 it is also a condition:
- that you are not subject to a collective agreement between a public employer and the Danish Society of Engineers - IDA
- that you are not receiving pension benefits
- that you are not exempted from paying pension contributions
- that you are not subject to a High savings pension scheme.
Maximum payment period of 36 month
Temporary disability pension is paid monthly for a maximum period of 36 months (following a provision period of 6 months) if you become ill or have an accident resulting in your ability to work as an engineer being reduced temporarily with at least 50 %. The provision period is calculated form the first after the notification of the illness.
When you receive temporary disability pension, DIP maintains your pension covers. However, this does not apply to possible savings schemes.
You can choose up to 80 % of your salary
- You can choose a temporary disability pension of up to 80 % of your salary. On Min pension you can calculate the consequences of a possible change. All income taxed at source and income not taxed at source as well as all social benefits are set off against the temporary disability pension. The pension is taxed as personal income.
- The cover does no longer apply when you reach age 65 unless it is already in payment. This means that you must have had the pension granted and have had the first payment paid when you are 64 years and 11 months old at the latest.
- If DIP and your employer have entered into a so-called employer provision, the pension is paid to your employer who will retain your employment.